A quiche is a salted cake original from France. The quiche Lorraine is prepared only with egg, cream and bacon. When you add more ingredients it is no longer a quiche Lorraine and is called with other names.
- 1 roll of pastry
- 250 ml cream (single or double)
- 4 eggs
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Bacon or pancetta
- While you prepare the filling, heat the oven to 220 º.
- Extend the pastry and line on a mold of about 20 cm. Prick the dough so that no bubbles are formed and bake it in the oven 10 minutes or less, to cook it but without letting it become brown.
- Saute the bacon or pancetta cut into small pieces.
- In a bowl mix the eggs and cream. Season and add a pinch of nutmeg. Pour the mixture into the mold, over the prebaked pastry.
- Bake all 15 to 20 minutes or until the cake is golden brown, depending on the power of the oven.
- You can check if it is ready by introducing a toothpick or a metal skewer in the centre, if it comes out clean the quiche is ready.
- Once baked let cool and serve.
- A whole quiche can be served in the center of the table or split into portions and served with lettuce or green leaves of mixed lettuces dressed with a balsamic vinegar reduction.
- We can add more ingredients to the quiche (ham, cheese, tuna, etc) but it will be just a quiche, not a Quiche Lorraine.
- If you want you can sprinkle grated cheese over the quiche to give it a golden brown touch on top.
- You can use puff pastry for the base, but we will need prebake it with an oven paper on top and some weight so it remains thin.
The marriage we propose for a quiche lorraine, considering that is a sensual dish with spongy structure, and a mischievous touch thanks to the bacon salt. We believe it can be seduced by a white wine, young, fruity and with a certain presence of carbon.
With these parameters we think directly in the Basque Country and its variety of txacolis that meet all requirements.
Highlights among them and therefore we chose to pair the quiche to K5 Arguiñano.
If we seek a marriage really distinct and different, we present a marriage with a rogue point really fun. VEUT a refreshing grenache, very fresh, light and full of bubbles but with low graduation, original from Cariñena.